The maid, Salma Emmanuel, acquired 100 grams of gold jewellery ready to wear to her brothers wedding. On the 3rd of November, for security, she asked her employer, Ghazal Riaz to keep it for her before she went to the wedding. In the early hours of Saturday 5th, Riaz contacted her to say that there had been a robbery in which around £6500 in cash and gold, including all of Salma's gold, had been taken, and asked Salma to come to the house immediately. Salma came along with her husband Emmanuel, who had never been to the house before. However the police sniffer dogs repeatedly went towards Emmanuel. Riaz's brother, Jawad, a colonel, was there and pressured the police and warned Salma and Emmanuel of dire consequences. As a result, the police arrested Emmanuel and took him to the police station. As far as we know, he hasn't been heard from since.
On the afternoon of Sunday 6th November, the police - without any arrest warrants - took Salma from her home to the police station, where she was beaten and tortured for three hours, and was forced, after repeatedly saying that she and her husband were innocent, to confess to the crime of stealing (including 'stealing' her own property). The female police officers kept kickingher and repeatedly said they would kill her and her baby if she did not confess, and that Riaz and her brother were very influential and would have her killed with impunity if she did not confess. Salma was sent home in a barely conscious state, and her family rushed her to hospital, with hospital staff saying her baby was unlikely to survive.
1) For the safety and release of Emmanuel Masih
2) For healing of body and heart for Salma
3) For justice to be done and seen to be done - for the real culprits to be found and the victims to be freed
4) For the police officers who acted in such a criminal matter to be investigated and punished and brought to justice
5) For the influence of Jawad and people like him to be broken so that Christians can be free from this kind of abuse.
Raise the issue with your local MP's. In particular, point out that the UK taxpayer is funding this nation to a considerable degree.