These verses are powerful:
- Psalm 5:5, "The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes; Thou dost hate all who do iniquity,"
- Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."
- Lev. 20:23, "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."
- Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, 19 A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."
- Hosea 9:15, "All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels."
Why I am saying that is because of our sins the other religions see us as 'filthy Christians';they do not want this Jesus and this religion but thanks be to God whose Word transforms people, who draws people to Himself and His sheep hear His voice and obey Him. His Church the Bride is pure. He knows His children. They are Christians struggling with sin. They abhor sin. Each time they fall, they don't tarry. They run to the Cross, bow down in humility. They dare not lift up their eyes to look at the King of Kings seated at the right hand of the Father.It pains them to hurt Him because of what He did for them on the Cross. What a privilege to be amongst such Christians. I have observed a few of them. They motivate you to be like Jesus, to seek Him and love His Word, eat it and be satiated, still wanting more of Him. It takes time to be with Him but it's worth it to be His slave.
And He will hear our prayers. Because of our sins, other 'Christians' are martyred in countries where the regimes and ideologies are extremist and unreasonable in nature. I pray God will make the extremists wherever they maybe meet these real Christians who have nothing but Christ and whose songs are Be thou my vision or Guide me O thou great Redeemer!
God is mighty, always will be. He is able to protect and fight for the weak and poor and humiliated. He comforts them in their pain. He knows where they are, what they do, what they think. ref Psalm 139.
'Whatever my lot, that has taught me to say:'It is well, it is well with my soul.'