Visit our new British Pakistani Christians website

Visit our new British Pakistani Christians website
This site will no longer publish new material. Please join our new website www.britishpakistanichristians.org

Wednesday 19 September 2012

A song from Prison

Today, to remember Younis Masih, who has been in prison under death sentence for blasphemy for so long, and whose appeal is coming up, we publish a song he wrote in prison, to lift faith, and to cause us to pray for this man of God.

I will dance with joy, I will dance and sing, 
I will celebrate happiness.
My faith is very strong, my eyes are fixed 
upon the Lord Christ, He is glorious like God.
I will tell this to all: He gave me salvation, 
He is above all, He defeated death. I will follow Him.
He keeps our trust unfailingly. 
His kindness is upon us, He gave His life for us, 
I will sing songs of praise.
Younis has no fear of death. 
I work for Christ, I will die for Him, 
and I will rise from the grave


Source (about two thirds of the way down)

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for Younis' faith. Daniel 3:16-18 teaches us not to fear man and death when we have that intimate strong relationship with God who defeated sin and death on a Cross and rose to life. Christ is our victory and our faith is built on our God who is weak and defeatist to the world but because He is God, He can do what He wants. But one day He will judge man and on that day, it will not be good to be condemned by Him to hell. So beware all who kill His people. They will eternally be with Him.
    "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered and said to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. 17 If this be so, nour God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand, O king.1 18 But if not, be it known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up.”

    ReplyDelete